Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2018

GKC - A Derivation Chart

I've made a chart:


A work-in-progress derivation tree of my Gunnerkrigg Chords pieces. :-)

This is by no means final. Just now I've plummaged through some loose sketches, and apparently there are at least 5 pieces that I've simply forgotten about, a few of which may be lost forever. (They weren't that good anyways.) Also, several pieces that are on this chart are not finished and titles might still change.

As you can see, almost every piece is derived from the Good Hope Theme. I've simply had too much fun to figure out if I can use the same motif in literally every key without transposing the motif itself.

It was in E Major in the original version, then I dropped down to E flat Minor in Dark Forest, and one more drop to D lead me to In the Fog. Then D flat - The Annan Waters - and C - Mort Fun Time. B minor is still a work in progress (one of the pieces that are missing in the chart), B flat Major however is there already in The Seed Bismuth (for just one example.)  A minor - Ghost Story (not yet finished); I'm not sure I have anything in A flat yet. G Major - Fanfare for the Robot King. While G flat is important in many pieces, I think there is no piece in G flat yet? In F however, I've got Lindsey.

I'm not done yet! :-)

(You can listen to the uploaded pieces here.)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen